09 Jun Chocolate Truffles
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Servings: 27 – 30 truffles
These homemade truffles are a real treat and so easy to make. All you need is a blender! These truffles have a cream cheese base which makes them smooth and irresistible. They are perfect for parties because they can be made ahead and are bite sized for easy serving.
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 3/4 teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Add softened cream cheese to twister jar and secure lid.
- Blend on low speed 5 to 10 seconds, turning twister lid counter-clockwise while it blends.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, securing lid and blending on low speed 10 seconds with each addition.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla (or liqueur), secure lid and blend on low speed 15-20 seconds, turning lid counter-clockwise while blending.
- Transfer truffle mix onto wax paper, wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Place crushed walnuts, powdered sugar and cocoa powder into 3 small dishes and roll truffle balls in desired coating then serve. Best if refrigerated until served.